AM 1470 WRGA Rome's News Talk Listen LIve
 
 

021914 8:50 a.m.

Fire Chief: Fire not an explosion

Bartow County Fire Chief Craig Millsap says a fire at 5200 U.S. 411 was not an explosion.

The homeowners had not been living in the residence since it was damaged in winter storms in January. 

They were there doing repairs on Tuesday when they noticed a propane heater malfunction. A man was trying to get it out of the home when the fire happened. 

The man appeared to have suffered first and second degree burns to his hands and face. The woman suffered burn while trying to get family pets out. 

The home appears to be a total loss, Millsap said.